If you want to turn you vacation in Croatia into a real adventure, rent a car in Dubrovnik and go explore this stunning country at your own pace.
Croatia is definitely worth your attention. There are swanky beaches, authentic old villages, incredible turquoise lakes, good mountain hiking, medieval fortresses, and enchanting views of the surf lapping the intricately laced, rocky shoreline.
You can pick up and drop off your booked car either in the city itself or at Dubrovnik Airport.
With a car, you will not only be able to visit the main sights in sightseeing format, you'll have the chance to touch the soul of the real Croatia. Take longer walks where you like, have a picnic with a stunning view, take selfies in front of Game of Thrones scenery, and chat with the locals.
Rent a car on our website and enjoy a self-guided journey through fabulous Croatia.
Benefits of renting through localrent ↵
- You book a car in advance online. This way you won't have to waste your precious vacation time looking for suitable transport.
- All prices on the website are current and accurate. No hidden fees and commissions.
- When placing your order, you make an advance payment of 15-20%, and you pay the rest when you pick up your car.
- Intuitive interface of the website.
- Customer service is available on any day.
Picking up and dropping off
You meet the rental representative at a place of your choice. When booking, you simply choose your preferred place and time, and a rental agent will meet you.
The right way to pick up a car:
- Inspect the car from all sides, mark any scratches and dents on a dedicated sheet of your agreement.
- Read the agreement before you sign it.
- Pay the manager the remaining amount for the order and the deposit, if the car requires a deposit.
Be sure to take detailed photos or videos of the car. Just in case.
That's all. The procedure usually takes about 20 minutes.
The drop-off takes even less.
- You arrive at the meeting point without delay, in a clean car. The tank is filled with fuel according to the agreement.
- The rental agent accepts the car and signs your drop-off form.
If you made a deposit by card, be sure to keep all documents until the money is returned to your account.
Places to visit by a rental car
You can drive around the entire coast from Dubrovnik to Rovinj on your vacation. Each city here is interesting in its own way and is unlike any other.
To visit the mountain town of Motovun, it is best to leave your car at the foot, at a paid car park. The town is old and the streets are very narrow. Although it is possible to drive along them if you want to. Local drivers are doing fine. The town is surrounded with extensive truffle plantations, the streets are laden with truffle scents, and a delicious truffle dish can be found in every cafe.
In Rovinj, make sure to climb the bell tower, it offers the best panoramic view of the coast and mountains.
Any town has a very pretty temple, and on the coast, every now and then, you'll see through the lens almost Scandinavian 'fjords', adjusted for the local nature. Every one of them is worthy of a calendar, and Croatia itself is very beautiful and unique.
Travelling by car allows you to experience it to the full extent.